"User" is a user of digi.nationallibrary.fi–service.
"Service" means digi.nationallibrary.fi, which is the digital presentation system of the digitized materials developed and maintained by the National Library of Finland. User can for example do full text searches and mark, distribute, search and use digital clippings. Part of the materials is only in restricted access.
User commits to these terms by using the DIGI-service.
- User Feedback
- User Accounts and Authentication
- Appropriate Use
- Visitor tracking
- Immaterial Rights and Limitations of Use
- Development of the Service
- Availability of the Service
- Modification of the Terms
1. User FeedbackService includes instructions to the frequently asked questions (FAQ). In problem cases, User can report problems, questions and other Feedback via the Feedback-form. The feedbacks are answered when possible within during office hours.
The National Library of Finland will receive any development ideas, which can also be sent via the Feedback-functionality of the DIGI.
2. User Accounts and AuthenticationThe basic use of the Service does not require creation of a user account. Some additional features or access to restricted materials requires authentication of a User, for example via authentication methods of selected 3rd parties or user accounts created via the Service.
Users must take care of their user accounts and ensure that they do not end up to other parties, who have no rights using them.
A user account can be removed, if the user account has not been used for logging in for two years.
3. Appropriate UseUsers cannot deliver in-copyright digitized material onwards without the permission of the rights' holder.
Users are hoped to cite the materials they use in an appropriate manner for the usage purpose, for example:
https://digi.nationallibrary.fi , Wiipuri, 31.12.1904, Digital Collections of National Library of Finland
In citing the material, it is possible to use the citing tool in the Service, which is available in page level and in clippings. Users cannot use Service in a way, which disturbs the Service or in a way which disturbs the network of the National Library or network of 3rd parties (e.g. mass downloading of the materils) breaking the copyrights, data- or communication acts of Finland.
The access to the Service can be blocked or user account locked for breaking these Terms or other impertinent use.
4. Visitor tracking Network traffic and use of the Service leaves traces to the logs of the services and the background systems. This log can contain information about the time of the visit, device of use and connection method.
This information is used for the management of user rights, in customer service (for example in repairing technical issues), in developing Service further,statistics and in detecting and solving misconduct.
Usage of Cookies
5. Immaterial Rights and Limitations of UseThe ownership and immaterial rights of the material User inputs to Service are transferred permanently and without compensation to the National Library of Finland, for example key words added to clippings.
National Library of Finland can remove material from the Service, which National Library suspects with reasonable certainty to offend immaterial or other rights of 3rd parties or which contain unlawful material.
6. Development of the ServiceNational Library of Finland develops the Service. User interface, functionalities and contents available can change.
7. Availability of the ServiceNational Library of Finland does not guarantee, that Service is without interruptions, well-timed or without errors. Planned maintenance breaks are attempted to be informed on the main page of the Service or otherwise beforehand.